Ukrainians on Dunajec pt. 2 - Dry fly day

 On the second day of Ukrainian's trip, I brough them to my favorite place, pool near Park Linovy.

I fished in the lower part of the pool , and Ivan on the upper part. We both used Czech nymph method.

Soon, Ivan got his rod bent.

That was a nice brown trout.  Many of them in this river.


I fished double nymph setup. Nice size fish took my fly. Wow, that's a big one!   Ivan asked if I need help with landing net. No, thanks, I can do myself.  Soon, brown was landed and released.

It took upper nymph, small orange scud imitation. 

Look at that big head, that's a cock fish.

I moved downstream, below the rapids. Anatoly was fishing there, with nymph too.


I joined him and got one grayling. 


After lunch me moved to the "wall" pool. And there pure dry fly action started!


I pulled fish one by one, my friends too.


I fished in the tailout of the pool, where it gradually changes to riffle. There's a lot of fish there, when hatch is going on.


I think it was the best single day of fishing in the whole year, and maybe in few next years too.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Vah - river of big fish

Dunajec - lower special C&R section

Chasing Norwegian salmon in Mandalselva. Part 1