Mini Eurotour Part 1. Dunajec, Poland

We had a 4 days long holidays, because 15 of June is Corpus Christi, state holiday in Poland (Bożego Ciała) . Since it is Thursday, I took Friday as additional day off, and planned a fishing trip to Slovakia, with stops in Poland.

Nearly before this trip, I got my new wading boots, Simms G3 Guide with rubber. So, this trip also served as field test for them.



My first stop was Dunajec river in Tyłmanowa. Early in the morning I fished spot near Maria Ligas hotel. This is a very prospective place for streamer and nymph. Water was a bit colored after rain.
Water level 196 cm, temperature 11.4 C.


First I started with two Czech nymph rig, and got nice trout. Not big, average size for Dunajec.


Later I switched to my streamer rod, Winston THiii-MS, loaded with Airflo Streamer Switch 300 grain line. I attached black wooly bugger. I started from the head of the pool, and immediately got nice brown trout.




Trout on a spey rod is always a greatest pleasure for me. So I continued to cast my streamer to the head of the pool, where fast water calms down a bit. I felt a hit, and it was a much bigger fish. It took streamer in fast water, so it felt so heavy because of water pressure. I put my line on the reel, and started to crank. This fish was quite powerful, so I used my hand to palm super-loud Hardy Marquis reel. That's a pleasant song for a fisherman, to hear a loud reel scream.
Soon it was landed, it was a 40 cm brown trout. What a nice catch!




While fishing, I alwo enjoy the nature, and keep my eye on wildlife around. There was mallard duck mom with her kids swimming around and quietly whistling, they were almost near my feet.


Later in the day, when the sun was hight, fishing slowed down. I got only two fish during daylight.




After full day of fishing, I wanted some beer. But , due to public holidays, all supermarkets and grocery stores were closed. The only one working store nearby was on the gas station. There was unusually big queue to the cashier, because there was no other source of foods and beer. I got my beer and snacks, and returned to my hotel.

On the next day, my trip continued to Slovakia.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Vah - river of big fish

Dunajec - lower special C&R section

Chasing Norwegian salmon in Mandalselva. Part 1