Czech nymphing with new Hends GPX, Dunajec

This was my second trip to Dunajec river. Now, it was self planned trip, without guide.
I contacted with Wojtek Kudłacz, who prepared the license to me.
Then I headed to Dunajec river in the city Krościenko nad Dunajcem.

I left my car near adventure park. The river there has few deep pools, and fast rapids between them.
This is the first time I tried my new Euro nymphing rod: Hends GPX 11'-12' (3,35m - 3,64m), rated as class 3-4. This rod has extender, which gives more 30 cm of length.


I didn't like too much this extender, because rod with it is not well balanced, very tip heavy.
So, I stuck with 11' configuration, as more usable.

There were many fishermen in the river, but also many fish.  Someone constantly was playing the fish. Nice brown trouts.  I, as less experienced, had few bites , and mostly small trout.


Well, not so small, but 25-30 cm trout is not that exciting, when I see that somebody playing 40-50 cm.

I tried both sides of the river. There's nice rapids, with rocks and boulders on the bottom. Wading is difficult.


Finally, I got bigger trout.  I think it was 36-38 cm.  I was very excited.


In the middle of the day, fish stopped biting. I went home.
My first independent fishing trip was quite successful.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Vah - river of big fish

Dunajec - lower special C&R section

Chasing Norwegian salmon in Mandalselva. Part 1