I love DH, Drwęca pt.2

13 May I attended meeting of "I Love DH" movement enthusiasts.
It was on the parking in Nowa Wieś.  There was grill, tables, drinks, and tackle demonstration provided by Maciej Gałgański, owner of the brand Ego. Maciej brought some new rods for the field test.

Robert Karlewski, organizer of the meeting, casting Ego Innovative Glass 8'6" 6 class rod with Tactical Skagit head.


Here's my attempt, captured on the video: snap-c, snap-t and perry poke.



After semi-official part, we went fishing. Robert agreed to be a guide, and shown me some his favorite spots.


We drove to the spot, so-called "Straszna góra" (scary mountain).  It's a stretch with fast water, cobblestones, and submerged trees on the other side. It looks very "fishy", but we had no contacts.

I found that Skagit line (either with DH or SH rod) is the best for this river. There are many obstacles, bushes, trees, high banks, and wading is very limited, so it's like casting with the wall behind.

Robert using Loop switch rod.


I practiced to cast my Winston iiiTH-MS 11' 4 class ("microspey") with OPST 275 head. I think mass of the head is ideal for this river, but rod can be more powerful for sea trout and salmon. This Winston is a true trout rod, light and sensitive, so even small fish can bend it.


Water was warm, +19 C. So I was in regular pants instead of waders :-)


We checked another spot later, near "Oczyszczalnia"  (Wastewater treatment plant).
There was also no fish contacts, and place is even more challenging for casting.



After that, we said "Good bye" to each other, and I drove home.
Unfortunately, I had engine problem in my car. So, after I drove 90 km towards Kraków, I called for road assistance to tow my car another 100 km. It was quite costly. Then I called another assistance to tow my car once again, to the distance 212 km (I have a free towing as part of insurance with limit 250 km from home).


But this incident didn't ruin my impression from the meeting.  It was first time I met with "I love DH" enthusiasts. They are very positive guys, I found new friends and will look forward to participate in similar events in the future.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Vah - river of big fish

Dunajec - lower special C&R section

Chasing Norwegian salmon in Mandalselva. Part 1