Testing of new streamers and Ego Microskagit

Recently I tied couple of Wooly Buggers in experimental colors. 
Legend: hook - Knapek barbless streamer type S, size 6
head - tungsten 4mm, hot pink
tail - purple marabou
body - brown SLF dubbing, brown rooster saddle hackle
throat - Whiting American hen soft hackle


Early in the morning I drove to Raba, to make them swim! It was a beautiful morning, nobody at the river this time.


I thought it would be successful fly for rainbow trout. To my surprise, I got few nice browns on it, and one was quite big (for Raba river) and thick.




I also tried black wooly buggers, and nymphs, but got only smaller fish. Two biggest trout tempted by the Purple Bugger!





Does the color really matter? I don't know. I never believed that fantasy colors work better than natural ones, but this was an exception.



Also, I tested new fly line - Ego Microskagit.  It is a 5,5 m integrated shooting head, dedicated for roll casting in tight spaces.  Quite usable, although I'm thinking to cut it shorter.


There was short rain in the morning, but generally weather was good for fishing. +14 C, water level 220 cm. Raba still in very low condition.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Vah - river of big fish

Dunajec - lower special C&R section

Chasing Norwegian salmon in Mandalselva. Part 1