Warta no-kill. Sunny day. No fish

Surprisingly very warm weather in the end of March. +15 C , plenty of sun.
When it concerns fishing, sun isn't best fisherman friend. Fish became spooky, and hides in the shadows, under cutbanks and obstacles.

This time I discovered different part of Warta, from the bridge in town Jastrząb.
Convenient access road starts from the bridge, and goes along right side of the river.
There are few curves with steep cutbanks.


The places look "fishy" , but there was no contact.
400 meters from the bridge there is S-shaped curve and two good pools in the corners. First is tricky, because of many snags. Second very suited for fly fishing. But it requires wading in shallow part of the river to make a cast.


After S-curve. there's very shallow part of the river, mostly knee-deep and you can see waves of sand on the bottom.

Another interesting pool, hidden between trees.  It requires wading to make a cast, but there's shallow water near right bank.


There's small trail along right bank. It leads to the big tree fallen across the river.
There's deep pool under that tree. It's possible to walk to the middle of the tree, and make a cast downstream.


After another 250 meters, there's fence and houses of the village Osiny.  After the fence, river makes left turn. There's an interesting place with chain of deep pools and fallen trees on the other side.



View to the downstream side


Unfortunately, there was also no contact with fish. But the place looks very awesome.

Here I walked 1 km from my parking spot, and decided to return back.
On the way back I also fished couple of interesting places , with no luck.

On the first hole from parking, I met fisherman with spinning. He caught one brown trout, 25 cm on wobbler.

I returned to my car and drove to other location, lower part of Warta no-kill.
There's deep and fast hole, suitable for Czech nymphing.  I rigged nymphing rod, attached Parkinson nymph.  Unfortunately, there's a lot of sunken trees in this hole. I lost 5 or 6 flies.

After unsuccessful nymphing attempt, I moved to the "Island". It's a place on the river with island in the middle.


I thoroughly fished hole on the corner above the island. Looks like good trout spot.
But, fish ignored me today.  Instead, I enjoyed some casting in tight spots and hard to access places :-)   That's a valuable experience.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Vah - river of big fish

Dunajec - lower special C&R section

Chasing Norwegian salmon in Mandalselva. Part 1