Raba coming back to norm

Water dropped to 243 cm. Flow 8,9 m3/sec. It means that should be good time for graylings in riffles.

My first fish on Raba is always grayling. Almost. Now it took on red tag No.16.


I moved from the riffle to tailout. Next fish was brown trout on small "Mr Brown" fly.



Here's Mr Brown legend:

hook: Hends BL120 No.18
head: 2,5 mm tungsten, hot pink
body: turkey biot over brown dubbing
throat: rusty dubbing



When I moved to deeper water, I attached parkinson with 4,5 mm head.
Got two browns on it. They love it!



But, my goal was big rainbow. I moved down the riffle, and probed one spot with current seam between fast and slow water.
While I worked my fly through the run, big fish jumped, I saw it's bright pink side. Rainbow! Here it is, just in front on me.  

I thorously covered all water around the spot where I saw that fish. Even tried from another side of the river.


Nothing. Maybe I scared this fish off.  OK, see you next time, Mr Rainbow. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Vah - river of big fish

Dunajec - lower special C&R section

Chasing Norwegian salmon in Mandalselva. Part 1