Spontaneous trip to Muszyna pt. 2

 On the next day I arranged a meet with Tomasz, who agreed to show me a river Muszynka, a small stream which is tributary of Poprad. It joins main river in the town Muszyna.

Early in the morning I came to Muszyna downtown. The town is center of tourism. The central square is very neat, and has a lot of flowers.


Tomasz arrived, and we headed upstream to the river. Our first stop was a concrete weir and basin under it. There was some trout stocked in these basins. 

We fished nymphs. Few small chubs were caught. Tomasz also had trout.  I saw a brown trout chasing my fly when I pulled it for the next cast. But the fish missed it. 

Below the weir, there's quite big and wide pool.  But except such places, the stream is quite small and narrow.

There's some wide and flat sections of water. I switch to wet fly in it, because nymph snagged the bottom very often. I've seen a lot of small chubs in such flats.

Then there was another weir with pool below it.  It doesn't produced fish. We decided to return to the car, and move to different location.

We parked near junction of Muszynka and Poprad. The stream is quite small and shallow there.  The only fish we found there are small chubs.  This one I caught on small nymph. Also, few were caught on kebari wet fly.


Need to say, I used only tenkara rod on this stream. Particularly, Daiwa Expert LT36 (360cm or 12'). The size of the stream is ideal for the tenkara method.


After that , Tomasz left the fishing, as he has some other important things to do.  I continued on my own on Muszynka.  I didn't catch anything more.  

On the way home, I stopped in Poprad river, at the same place where I hooked a big barbel yesterday.  This time I had no luck, only lost few nymphs on snags.
Also, I forgot tippet spool in the car. When I left without tippet, I decided to end my fishing.
So, long fishing weekend ended. Not so many fish caught, but it was time spent actively.  I even lost 2 kilograms.    I think I need more fishing sessions (and less McDonalds :-) ) , to became more fit. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dunajec - lower special C&R section

Vah - river of big fish

Chasing Norwegian salmon in Mandalselva. Part 1