Łupawa part 3. Drzeżewo - Zgojewo

Drzeżewo is another "no kill" part of Łupawa, starting from the hydropower dam near village Drzeżewo.

It was also used on European fly fishing championship 2016, as Sector 4. According ot EFFC scorecards, there were numerous number of graylings.

The river is more wide, and most of the streambed covered with grass. That grass looks like a perfect shelter for fish. So I decided to give it a try.


I started from the bridge, and slowly walked downstream, casting small streamer to the sides. There were no takes, but many snags to the grass. Fortunately, grass is soft enough, so when you unsnag, you dont tear off your leader and fly each time.


That green stuff looks very beautiful. Water was still brownish with knee-deep visibility, but that's enough for fish to see the fly. I slowly walked downstream, and found one promising place.


Unfortunately, I didn't notice boulder under my feet due to poor visibility, and fell into the water.
My vest and shirt fully soaked, with documents in the pockets, and my cell phone.  I already broke one phone during the fishing, so I was scared. I rushed to the bank as soon as possible, turned off phone, and laid all my wet things to the sunny place.  So, the last fishing day ended prematurely, without fish scored.

I didn't catch anything special on Łupawa, mostly fishing was slow, or conditions were not good, or I didn't know some secrets of local fishermen. To my surprise, there was almost no other fishermen on the river. I met only two guys in two days, and they didn't catch anything.

But, I immediately beloved in Łupawa, it's magic and energy. I enjoyed every moment of being there. That's how Polish rivers were probably looking 300-400 years ago, surrounded by wild forests and undeveloped land, with scarce population along the course,

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Vah - river of big fish

Dunajec - lower special C&R section

Chasing Norwegian salmon in Mandalselva. Part 1