A Vacation in Western Pomerania. Part 3.

My next day I dedicated to the river Rega. My Facebook friend Łukasz contacted me, and suggested that he can show me the river near town Łobez.

Rega in Łobez is quite a small river. Water was low and clear. Level at Resko station was 288 cm, flow 4,8 m3/s.


I met with Łukasz in the morning, and we had breakfast in his apartment. I also was greeted by his friendly dog. I do love dogs. I hope when I'll get old, I'll have my four-legged fishing buddy, who will accompany me on trips.


Rega goes through the city, and surroundings look like city park, with many people walking around.


Some trees pose danger for fly fishermen. I lost couple of flies on the trees.


Łukasz already got few fish. Trout, graylings, and chub.  I had nothing yet. I used small brown and green nymphs.

Finally, I got a fish, a small brown trout.  We walked upstream, fishing all the way. Then we found an excellent grayling spot.


I caught a couple of graylings and another small brown trout.


It was very hot weather this day. We returned to Lukasz's apartment and had lunch. After lunch, I slept a couple of hours, until the dog didn't wake me.

On the way back, there was an extreme shower, when I was driving the car. Sometimes, I barely saw the road ahead.


When it's ended, the navigator brought me to the town Gryfice, where I drove through the house. Quite an unusual thing to me.


I planned couple of stops, to check how Rega river looks in lower sections.
First stop I planned near village Wlewo. Unfortunately, there was road closure due to construction. I lost time in an attempt to search for the detour.  So, I didn't have time for fishing, only checked how the river looks. This is Rega near village Kłodkowo.


Water very low and clear. A lot of grass in the river. It doesn't look like trout can live there, more looks suitable for coarse fish - perch, pike, chub, ide.


My next stop was Trebiatów. In the city limits, the river is deeper and carries twice more water than in Łobez. The level was 135 cm, flow 12,7 m3/s, water temperature +21 C.


Water was also very clear, and I saw the bottom from the bridge.  There were numerous small fish - perch, roach, and rudd. I tried to fish with spinning and caught a small perch.

This was my last night in Kołobrzeg.  The next morning, I packed my belongings and drove back to Kraków.

On the way back, I stopped to check out small river Krępiel.  It's a typical small forest stream.  It looks like a good place for trout, but I didn't get any trout there. Only small perch was my trophy.


My four-day trip has ended. It wasn't very successful in terms of fishing. But I've seen quite a lot of Poland, it's remote and yet unknown to me parts. The Baltic sea is beautiful. Also, I met good people, which is important part of travel experience.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dunajec - lower special C&R section

Vah - river of big fish

Chasing Norwegian salmon in Mandalselva. Part 1